Saturday, November 9, 2013

WHAAAT?

So many of you may be asking, what, why, how, when, WHAAAT? 

So here's how it all unfolded...

Jay and I took the kids to Yellowstone on vacation. September 1st to be exact. We met up with family to take time off and enjoy the last bit of summer. Let me tell you, there were NO plans, visions, or dreams to stake out our new home on this trip. We simply went to play!

Yes, we have always had the dream to make this move sometime later in our years as a 'retirement' plan but never even considered the timing to be in the near future much less a month later. So how did it happen?

About five days into our trip, we were asked by family what it would take to make a move to Montana happen? After laughing with a 'when hell freezes over' retort, Jay and I entertained the 'Life' question - "What's it all about?" "What are we doing (all of what we are currently doing-work, hustle-bustle, etc...) this for?" "Is our current way of life what we want to keep doing?" and you can go on and on with similar questions.

The 2nd to last day of the trip, as we headed back from West Yellowstone, we decided to spend a few minutes checking out Big Sky, a small Ski and outdoor sports resort town midway between Bozeman and West Yellowstone.  We came to find out that Big Sky is actually now the ski resort with the most ski-able acreage in the US and has the highest vertical drop at over 4350 ft.  :)  Check it out: http://www.bigskyresort.com/the-mountain/the-biggest-skiing-in-america.

We were enchanted and decided to drive by several properties.  It was a packed day of info gathering and I was exhausted by the end of it. I felt a big cold coming on and just wanted to rest. I didn't realize it at the time as I thought I had the flu or food poisoning; but after a very restless night I awoke with the conclusion that I had experienced my first ever panic attack! WOW! Not a fan, but happy I wasn't sick either :-)

With helpful support of B.I.L. & S.I.L. & G'MA, we took the next day or two to crunch numbers, research and envision our new lives as Montanans....


No comments:

Post a Comment