Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Return Home

...on our short flight home from Bozeman to SF (1 1/2 hours direct btw) Jay & I started the 'Pro' & 'Con' list about making the move. The Pro to move list was quite long. 

In the past, I have always enjoyed the flight approach into SF. I loved the vibe the city scape provided. I used to be energized by the hustle & bustle of the City & Peninsula. Not this time. All I could see was concrete, overhead cables, traffic, hustle & bustle. NO LONGER THE ALLURE of times past. 

Yet another 'Pro' - I wasn't going to miss this and it felt good knowing it.

So now what? A couple more days go by and there are some reservations about moving. A beautiful neighborhood, great schools, many conveniences (& I'm ALL about convenience), many friends... Oh but the hustle & bustle, not to mention cost & long work hours. We were more than ready for a change.

Less than a week later, Jay & I booked our return flight to Big Sky for a recon trip. Awwwww, it was soooo great to be back in calm, peaceful Montana. Three days of house hunting and we came home with some great prospects and a greater conviction that this is where we needed to be! This was going to be the new home we return to...

No comments:

Post a Comment